Upcycled Cardboard Carwash
Today I have a super easy DIY cardboard carwash. This is a fun craft to make with your little. Let’s get started.
- Empty pop tart box
- Masking Tape
- Bubbles Washi Tape
- Craft Knife
- Cutting Mat
- Free Car Wash Printable (or use markers and paper to decorate yourself)
- Hot Wheels Car
I have included the free printable in the members’ download area, just join my email list and you can download this and other freebies from my site.
How to Make a Cardboard Car Wash
- Tape the side and top flaps on both ends of the pop tart box, leaving one flap for a ramp in and out of the car wash.
- Using a ruler and back side of the craft knife, score a line between the marks on printable. This will be a fold line.
- Cut out square and fold on score lines
- Tape side panels to each side of the pop tart box.
- Cut the long side of the solid blue rectangle, leaving excess to fold inside of the box.
- Tape the excess inside the box to attach the top panel.
- Cut five 8-inch strips of bubbles washi tape. These will be the flaps on the entrance of the car wash.
- Fold the strips of washi tape in half (taping together). This step takes a little patience. The great thing about washi tape is that if you mess up, you can pull it apart and try again. Pull apart about half an inch at the ends to attach the flaps to the box.That’s it! Now have a great time playing car wash with you little ones. Be sure to check out my Etsy shop for a wide variety of washi tapes including the bubble tape I used for this project.